Spur Electron Ltd is a service provider to the space industry, we are a small company with a
large footprint in space, we have provided services and hardware to almost every satellite
launched by the European Space agency in the past 40 years.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person, offering excellent training within a small
team. Employment in the Spur laboratory offers an excellent career pathway both within the
company and out into the wider space industry.
The laboratory supports the internal procurement and manufacturing teams as well as
having its own direct customer base where we offer many extra service such as counterfeit
detection. Spur Electron’s laboratory is the only one in the UK which is categorised as a class
A laboratory by the European Space Agency.
successful candidate will be trained to perform hands on analytical work on electronic
components and will learn to perform microsections to the highest quality level. Excellent
verbal and written skills are essential as well as having a good hands on practical ability.
•A ‘level or degree level education – studies in material sciences and/or electronics will be an advantage
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel is essential
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Visual and manual dexterity
• Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and demands
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated with strong organisational skills Laboratory Technician
Applications are also invited from candidates who already have experience working within
this environment who have all of the above qualifications and skills plus knowledge of some
or all of those listed below:-
• Microsection of EEE components or PCB’s
• DPA (destructive physical analysis)
• Test standards MIL-STD-883 & 750
• Soldering processes to ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C & ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C
• Inspection to ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C & ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C
• Counterfeit assessment IAW AS6081
Please send CV to
Mrs T Chilton