This vacancy is now closed.
Spur Electron Ltd are Europe’s foremost independent service provider of expertise and skills to the Space and Defence industry. Space EEE Component and PCB Assembly Service Provider.
Spur Electron offers a unique combination of services to space and aerospace industries and customers, operating at a level where quality is a fundamental of our DNA.
· EEE component engineering and procurement for COTS, Military and Space Levels
· Tailored “Low Rel” procurement programmes for COTS and COTS Plus
· Hi-Rel ESA Class 1 and Class 2 procurement in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-60C Rev1
· Analytical Laboratory for component and material analysis, micro sectioning, failure analysis, etc.
· Extensive library of over 200 shapes verified in accordance with ESA ECSS standard
· Verification programmes to project and ESA level performed in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C Rev1
· ESA authorised facility for performing micro sectioning in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C Rev1
· ESA approved PCB assembly in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C Rev1 and ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C Rev1
· IPC PCB assembly for military and Low-Rel space applications
· Participant and supporter to numerous UK Space and ESA working groups and policy forums including the ESA SCSB.
Providing those clients requiring the very pinnacle of product reliability with a comprehensive range of expertise, covering all facets of component engineering, materials sciences and manufacturing capability necessary for you to meet and exceed your performance aims.
These services include:
· Initial components review and risk assessment.
· Component quality / reliability definition to meet specific mission requirements.
· Component and material procurement to ensure availability, on time, within budget and specification.
· Detailed assessment of proposed PCB layouts and assembly methodologies.
· Assembly of board and/or finished units to meet all internationally recognised space and military standards.
The above services are fully supported by a Component and Materials Assessment Laboratory, with a worldwide reputation for workmanship and analytical knowledge.
We are seeking an assistant to join our small, but busy lab team, at our manufacturing facility in Havant. Our lab carries out a variety of testing processes from our customer including destructive analysis and SEM analysis. We need an assistant to carry out basic Lab Analysis, working in accordance with relevant specifications and work instructions, to include:
- Booking in of work
- Accurate recording of results
- Arranging outsourcing of tests when required
- Report production and checking
- Lab cleaning, tidying and organisation
- Lab equipment basic service, maintenance and calibration when required
- Adherence to all Health and Safety regulations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The following skills are essential: –
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous use of microscopes
The following would be advantageous and preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
- Previous microsection experience
- Knowledge of electronic components
- Knowledge of ECSS or MIL standards
- ESD awareness
We are looking for someone with good communication skills who has the ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and demands. Someone who is self-motivated and organised with excellent attention to detail.
The salary is negotiable for someone with all of the required skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,599.00-£18,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
All visitors are required to complete a Covid Questionnaire before arrival and wear a face mask whilst on our premises. Surfaces are disinfected regularly and hand sanitiser is available at all times.